Kids are the most impressionable when they are young. Therefore, Peoria Child care Programs play a critical part in shaping several different aspects of their lives, including but not limited to their social, emotional and intellectual tendencies. At PALS Praise & Leadership Schools, we believe that for a child to cultivate each of these skills successfully, they must participate in a curriculum that ultimately engages multiple areas of the mind. The following five elements are just a few of the things we believe are essential to your child’s early education:
- Language & Literacy – The average age most children learn to read is around six or seven years old, but before that, a child must first understand language on a structural level. And what better place to learn the basic building blocks than at one of the best child care programs in Peoria IL? At PALs Praise & Leadership Schools, we make learning the English language fun by singing songs, reading books and engaging in interesting activities that help children learn their letters and build strong vocabularies.
- Math – Over the years, science has continuously shown that the earlier children learn subjects like math, the better they can utilize those skills later on in life. Kids that grasp more than just counting are especially well equipped for the future. At PALS Praise & Leadership Schools, we have included various activities into our curriculum that help teach children the basic math concepts. This includes counting, comparing, patterning, sorting and more! Your child’s progress will be tracked in a portfolio that you can view at parent-teacher conferences.
- Music – As adults, music enhances our daily lives by stimulating our minds. For many, music is a medium to express our emotions in a healthy way. The same is true for children who develop many emotional and linguistic skills just by listening to sounds. But the benefits of incorporating music into early education don’t stop there! When a child is allowed to experiment with different instruments, it increases motor control and coordination.
- Playtime – Just as important as other educational encounters, playtime gives children the opportunity to bond with peers. It also allows them to exercise their interests outside of traditional learning times. During our indoor playtimes at PALS Praise & Leadership Schools, children can move from various stations, including a book, block, kitchen and arts area. We are also an organization that values outdoor activities. So we take time out of each day to visit our safe and well-kept playground. Here, children are free to run, jump, climb and participate in various other activities designed to encourage physical fitness.
- Virtues – Another thing we as a team believe should be taught in all daycare centers in Peoria IL is virtues. Since early education programs serve as an introduction to society, it is essential that they communicate strong values. Some of the morals we teach at Pals Praise and Leadership Schools are patience, respect, and honesty. Along with these life lessons, our employees also look for opportunities to encourage self-esteem and individuality. These are valuable experiences that will stick with your child for the rest of their lives.
As you can see, children benefit greatly from participating in so many different activities so early on in life. Though the above elements aren’t all our curriculum includes, we believe that each of these areas contributes an extremely educational atmosphere. Are you interested in learning more about our diverse program? Head on over to our curriculum page, where you will find a more-in-depth explanation of the learning tools used for our four age groups:
Set your child on the path to success by enrolling them in one of the best childcare programs in Peoria IL! Call 309-740-4463 to talk to someone at our downtown office. Or 309-228-2505 to inquire about our facility on the northside of Peoria. While you are at it, don’t forget to book a campus tour! When you schedule one with us, we will gladly show you and your child around. We will also personally answer any questions you may have about the program. Fill our online form to schedule an appointment with us today!